Do you have a habit of postponing work?
Are you not able to sit till late to work?
Can’t you do any work for a long time?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then Pomodoro technology will prove to be a panacea for you.
But do you know what is Pomodoro technology? If not, then let me tell you –
What is the Pomodoro Technique?
This is basically a time management method that is developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s. In this technique, work is divided into small intervals. Each working interval is 25 minutes in length and separated by short breaks of 5 minutes. Each working interval is called a Pomodoro (the Italian word for tomato).
How it is performed?
- Step 1 – Pick a task.
- Step 2 – Set a 25-minute timer.
- Step 3 – Work on that task until the time is up.
- Step 4 – Take a 5 minute break .
- Step 5 – Every 4 promodoros take a long break of 35-40 minutes.
How effective is Pomodoro technique?
Do not expect magic results right away because anything takes time to show its result. It helps you to resist all of those self-interruptions and re-train your brains to focus. People using it when they have to meet deadlines, finish up a project, or deal with a particularly difficult task and it works all time.
Does the Pomodoro technique work for your productivity?
Yes, of course, it promotes productivity. By dividing the work into small chunks, at a certain time, promotes productivity and also helps them to work better.
Benefits of Pomodoro technique
There is a number of advantages of using it, they are…
- It manages all distractions and controls your time .
- Helps to increase accountability.
- It improves weekly and quarterly planning.
- It maintain motivation.
- It helps you improve your focus.
- It makes you healthier and decrease back pain and mental fatigue.
So we learned in this article how we can focus more on our work using Pomodoro technology and make it more productive.
There are many apps available for this, by which we can manage time.
Read also: 5 best pomodoro apps you must know