Today companies across the globe are digital and improving business processes and developing new capabilities and business models. Digital transformation improves customer experience, increased employee productivity, compliance, and security. It also provides a valuable opportunity for core business functions, such as finance and HR. Cloud computing is the best example of digital transformation. There are some trends which I’ll share with you and everyone.
Big data refers to the large, diverse sets of information that grow at ever-increasing rates. Big Data is the latest and most in-demand technology today and for many coming decades. Big data is not just a term, it has been tied up with a lot of emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, augmented reality, IoT, and a lot more. Day by day data volume is increasing and by 2025 there would be a big and tremendous volume of data collections, and that would be nearly 163 zettabytes (nearly 163 trillion GB) because mobile applications and social media return a huge amount of data. Using big data cuts your costs, increases your efficiency, improves your pricing, etc. Let’s discuss some benefits of using it.
- Identifying the root causes of failures and issues in real time.
- Greater customer lifetime value.
- Fully understanding the potential of data-driven marketing.
- Generating customer offers based on their buying habits.
- Personalizing the customer experience.
- Adding value to online and offline customer interactions.
- Improving customer engagement and increasing customer loyalty.
- Revaluating risk portfolios quickly.
It is clear that big data, data processing, or data science will become more vital in the upcoming years.
5G is a new cellular standard. Phone carriers have jumped to a new wireless standard roughly every decade. 5G is very complicated. 5G is not only important because it has the potential to support millions of devices at ultrafast speeds, but also because it has the potential to transform the lives of people around the world which makes life easier. It transmits data so efficiently that so many future technologies and digital applications depend on the 5G wireless communication standard. Let’s discuss some benefits of using it.
- High resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- Technology to gather all networks on one platform, effective and efficient.
- Manageable with the previous generations.
A view of the physical real-world environment with computer-generated images, thus changing the perception of reality, is the augmented reality. It is used in entertainment, military training, engineering design, robotics, manufacturing, and other industries. Pokémon Go is a free-to-play location-based, augmented reality game. Now it can create new ways to promote products or enable learning new activities, facilitate the work of specialists and lead to cost savings. Now its time to discuss some benefits of using it.
- Improved information and easy visualization.
- Unique user experiences.
- It also helps to develop student’s creativity and curiosity.
Edge computing optimizes internet devices and web applications by bringing computing closer to the source of the data. It refers to the computations that take place at the ‘outside edge’ of the internet, as opposed to cloud computing. The best thing is edge means less data transmission as most of the heavy-lifting is done by the edge devices, instead of sending the raw data to the cloud. Let’s discuss some good things about it.
- Increased redundancy and availability of the services.
- This minimizes the need for long-distance communications between client and server.
- The ability to take off the load of the network and centralized data centers.
- Decreased latency.
Artificial Intelligence emphasizes the development of intelligent machines, thinking and working like humans like speech recognition, problem-solving, learning, and planning.
The future is technological.
Obviously, moving all the computation to the edge isn’t an option as peripheral data centers and user devices have extremely limited computational capabilities. So, on one hand, it’s crucial to make sure that fewer data has to travel across the entire network in order to decrease the number of possible bottlenecks. On the other hand, all that gathered and processed data needs to be stored somewhere.
Leave a Reply